Four years after our first Forum, Russian and, not least, Siberian market of information technologies have expanded considerably, become stronger, more mature and effective.
The leading areas of the IT-markets — product lifecycle management (PLM, including CAD) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) — are among the key sectors ensuring industrial development.
Typical features and factors of dynamic development of CAD/PLM/ERP:
- Increased financial capabilities of the industries, their ability to long-term planning, gradual overcoming of the habit to temporary, non-systemic and sometimes non-legitimate solutions, which strategically tend to be more costly and destructive for enterprises;
- Awareness of the industries that competition on an expanding market is a sustainable, objective and more and more often — the crucial factor, inseparably connected with the innovative policy pursued by the company;
- Dramatic increase of competitive offers from different vendors, mandatory complexity and wide integrative ability of the supplied solutions, optimization of prices for products and solutions;
- Dynamic expansion of applicability of the solutions for small and medium enterprises;
- Growing attention to the markets in the eastern regions of Russia, including seminars, conferences and expeditions organized more and more frequently in these regions, as well as opening branches and representative offices by most large companies.
Certainly, maturing market in the civilized countries— is an objective social and economic process. At the same time, I am pleased that the projects of isicad community, staring form the first Forum in 2003, have also contributed to positive trends.
Along with three major multi-vendor Forums, isicad has organized numerous regional and federal events, exhibitions, professional discussions, etc., supported various student conferences, has been developing a leading Russian internet-portal on PLM, and has published a unique PLM Encyclopedia.
I believe that the main distinguished feature of isicad Forums — open and honest presentation of the best solutions by all leading competing vendors on the same site, in close co-operation with a wide range of users — will further encourage successful development of all, without exception, participants on the PLM+ERP market in Russia