2. Intelligent Methods of Three-Dimensional Modeling in CAD
Creating and editing engineering data
History-based modeling has been the dominant CAD technology for many years; it is still widely used. Last years history-free (or direct) modeling becomes more robust and useful, and now CAD users can choose between two very viable and very different technologies. This workgroup will be a place for discussion how this choice impacts the intellectual property and product development process of customers.
- Parametric modeling of surfaces and solids
- Comparative analysis of history-based parametric modeling with direct geometry editing: advantages and drawbacks of each approach
- What direct editing tools are offered in mainstream MCAD
- How to keep design intent in history-free environment
- Comparison of geometric modeling kernels
- What file format will be used for CAD data exchange in 2050?